50th ANNIVERSARY CALENDAR (Last updated 8/18/2018)
Our celebrations for the parish’s 50th Anniversary are getting closer. All the plans are moving along. Hope you’re planning to be a part of this special time in our parish. Below is an update on the planned activities.
ANNIVERSARY PROGRAM BOOKLET
- Anniversary Program Booklet will be published for the day of our parish’s 50th Anniversary, September 23rd, 2018. In it will be information about the parish – its past and beginnings – its present and who worked to celebrate this anniversary – and a little of where we may be moving in the future. There will be congratulatory ads from local businesses and individuals. There will also be a Patrons’ Page listing those individuals or families who want to be remembered. Forms for this are available in the office or at the Information Booth. Ads are various costs depending on size. Patron listing is $10 per line. Or you can call Pat Ross at 570-656-6945.
- Parish Pictorial Directory: (Scheduling Closed)
- There are statutes of Our Lady of Victory that have been acquired and will be raffled off to people who attend the various functions.
- The Anniversary Parish Barbecue is planned for Sunday, August 26th . All parish families are invited to attend our celebration. Tickets for this event will be available in June ($5.00 donation or $20 per family is asked). There will be delicious foods and fun games for young and old. It will a a great Sunday afternoon get-together.
- Parish Youth Day is set for Sunday, September 9 . It will begin with our Annual Book Bag Mass at 10:30 A.M. Then a luncheon for the kids and a host of games and activities will be held all afternoon. They can win prizes, try some games of skill, compete in some activities, maybe a little talent show and, of course, goodies throughout.
- Anniversary Mass & Formal Dinner at the Stroudsmoor is set for Sunday, September 23rd . Bishop Bambera will be main celebrant of the Mass. Invitations have been mailed out to all parishioners. Cost of the dinner will be $55.00 per person and will be available on a first come basis.
- A Parish Prayer Mission, let by Franciscan Missionary, Fr. Kevin Cronin will conclude our celebrations on October 14th – 17th. We began as a parish family at prayer and we will move into the future with Jesus through prayer and devotion.
- Anniversary Car Magnets and Polo Shirts. As a remembrance of our parish’s 50th Anniversary. We are selling car magnets and polo shirts. If you want to purchase any of either of them, they are available in the Church office or at the Information Booth. The magnets show the Church seal and are $5.00 each. The polo shirts need to be ordered. They are blue and embroidered with Our Lady of Victory and the years 1968 – 2018. Order forms are at the Information Booth. Cost is $25.00, a little more for extra large sizes. Click here for more information.
50th Anniversary Parish Pictorial Directory Scheduling Available
We are planning a Parish Pictorial Directory for our 50th Anniversary.
We have over 200 families signed up to have pictures taken for the parish directory.
The Anniversary Committee is sponsoring an Art Contest for the children and youth of the parish. There are five age categories from preschool through high school students. Applications are being handed out at CCD Classes and are also available at the Information Booth and the table in the Narthex.
Art work must be Faith-Church related and must be submitted by April 22nd . The following weekend the parishioners will vote for the best in each category as the art work is displayed.
50th ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE CALENDAR (published 3/11/2018)
This year, 2018, is our parish 50th Anniversary year and we have a number of activities planned to celebrate this milestone in our parish.
Some of the activities and plans are listed here. More information on each of them will be published as they come closer.
• March/April: we will be sponsoring a youth art contest about the Church and its celebrations.
• There are statutes of Our Lady of Victory that have been acquired and will be raffled off to people who attend the different functions.
• A Parish Pictorial Directory, Anniversary Edition, is planned for the summer. Times and dates for picture taking will soon be announced.
• A parish wide BBQ is planned for August 26th so that all families can enjoy a celebration of our anniversary.
• Parish Youth Day is set for September 9th where carnival of games and activities are planned.
• Anniversary Mass & formal dinner at the Stroudsmoor is set for Sunday, September 23rd . Bishop Bambera will be the main celebrant of the Mass. Invitations will be mailed soon.
• A Parish Mission led by Franciscan Missionary, Fr. Kevin Cronin will take place October 14-17th.
As these activities come closer, information will be sent out to everyone with more particulars of the events
February 24th, 2018
50 ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE MEETING is Monday February 26th beginning at 7:00 P.M. in the church hall.
More detailed reports will be given concerning the activities of our anniversary. Finalized dates for having pictures taken for our Parish Pictorial Directory, Invitations for the formal dinner, final menus for the general parish party will be just some of the items discussed. It’s getting closer to our grand celebration. Sunday, September 23 will be our anniversary Mass with Bishop Bambera followed by a formal dinner and reception. Exact details and times of all the events and activities will soon be mailed to everyone.