Visit Diocese of Scranton Website for additional information.
Diocese of Scranton Scranton, PA
- Young adults honored with Bishop’s Youth Awardsby Dan Gallagher on November 23, 2020 at 7:58 pm
A total of 686 young adults from across the Diocese of Scranton were honored this fall for their commitment to their faith and service to their parishes and schools. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Bishop’s Youth Awards were not handed out in large regional Masses. Instead, the nominees were recognized in their … Continue reading "Young adults honored with Bishop’s Youth Awards"
- Diocese of Scranton to conduct Online Commitment Weekend for 2020 Diocesan Annual Appealby Dan Gallagher on November 19, 2020 at 5:03 pm
SCRANTON (November 19, 2020) – Parishioners from across the 11-counties of the Diocese of Scranton are invited to make a gift to the 2020 Diocesan Annual Appeal: Bound Together in Hope during Online Commitment Weekend, November 21 and 22. The Appeal Commitment Weekend online giving page can be found at https://annualappeal.org. This two-day online … Continue reading "Diocese of Scranton to conduct Online Commitment Weekend for 2020 Diocesan Annual Appeal"
- End of an Era: Saint Gabriel’s Monastery to close next monthby Dan Gallagher on November 19, 2020 at 4:53 pm
SOUTH ABINGTON TOWNSHIP – Northeastern Pennsylvania will soon be losing one of its oldest religious communities. Saint Gabriel’s Monastery will close on Dec. 31, 2020, ending of a 94-year presence by the Passionist Nuns in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The Passionist Nuns Community established its Scranton-area community in 1926 and then moved to Clarks Summit in … Continue reading "End of an Era: Saint Gabriel’s Monastery to close next month"
- Collection for Religious Retirement Fund December 12-13by Dan Gallagher on November 19, 2020 at 4:51 pm
SCRANTON — The Diocese of Scranton will hold the Retirement Fund for Religious collection during all weekend Masses Dec. 12-13. The National Religious Retirement Office (NRRO) coordinates this annual appeal and distributes the proceeds to assist eligible U.S. religious communities with their retirement needs. Nearly 30,000 senior sisters, brothers and religious order priests benefit. … Continue reading "Collection for Religious Retirement Fund December 12-13"
- Parishes plan to celebrate Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupeby Dan Gallagher on November 19, 2020 at 4:43 pm
Through the intercession of “Virgen de Guadalupe,” plans for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe next month are proceeding with the hopes of providing as much celebration as possible amid a global pandemic and a world of social unrest. Particularly in the areas of large Latino populations in the Diocese of Scranton, the … Continue reading "Parishes plan to celebrate Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe"
- Catholic Youth Center meeting critical need during pandemicby Dan Gallagher on November 19, 2020 at 4:42 pm
WILKES-BARRE – Best known for offering recreational and child care opportunities to kids in the Wyoming Valley for decades, the Catholic Youth Center has taken on another critical mission in 2020. Due to COVID-19, the CYC is now making sure at least 115 students get an education through its cyber-school program. “I can’t help … Continue reading "Catholic Youth Center meeting critical need during pandemic"
- Diocesan Annual Appeal helps parish food pantries meet critical needsby Dan Gallagher on November 19, 2020 at 4:40 pm
BLOOMING GROVE TOWNSHIP – During the COVID-19 pandemic, food pantries operated by parishes across the Diocese of Scranton have continued to respond to an increasing need. The Blooming Grove Food Pantry in Pike County, operated by Saint John Neumann Parish, is one of the many facilities meeting the needs of its community. “This is … Continue reading "Diocesan Annual Appeal helps parish food pantries meet critical needs"